Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snow!

It snowed in Paris last night!  It was beautiful.  Actually, they were huge flakes that were very wet and didn't stick on the ground, but I was still happy.  I went out at 10pm in my pajamas and took some pictures (which I'll upload later).

The other day I went out to lunch at a creperie in my neighborhood, and there were only two other groups there - one father with his three young kids and one couple.  The food was very good!  At some point, one of the boys (probably 8ish) cried out and yelled at his brother.  And the dad said stop yelling; we're in a restaurant.  And the boy protested basically saying but he hit me!  And the father said it's not appropriate to yell in a restaurant...you need to leave right now and go outside.  So the kid took his jacket, left and stood outside for a while.  The dad didn't raise his voice at all, but he reinforced that his son's behavior would not be tolerated (even though the other kid did hit him).  I don't think that would have happened in the U.S. 

Totally unrelated, but here's a cute video of a slow loris eating a rice ball.  I unsubscribed from an annoying site, and after I was done they said I was unsubscribed and included this link as an apology.  At first I was annoyed to be distracted with a link, but I was happy I clicked on it. He looks so innocent and sweet and adorable.  I want one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-xvIjH8T4&feature=youtu.be

2 comments:

  1. How could you abandon a site that sends you slow loris videos?? Re-subscribe right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your anecdote of the family restaurant scene. Seems rather universal actually. (Though it is suprising and refreshing to witness a parent with strong, steadfast public discipline nowadays ;) )

    On a side note, check your inbox in between crepe breaks!!

    Your Selfish and Needy Friend,
    Liz ;)

    ReplyDelete